My guest today is Lois Brady, a speech pathologist who is one of the developers behind the Innervoice App. For those of you not familiar, Innervoice allows one to upload a photo of any person (real or pretend) and have them “speak”. It’s a pretty easy and straightforward app to use. And the kids I have used it with so far really seem to like it!
Note to listeners: By the time this is released, Innervoice will have released its 3.0 update which will include a new backup/restore function as well as sharing options. I’ve played around with the new version and I love the fact that you can forward or save a message via email and social media.
In this episode, Lois tells us a bit about:
- her professional career
- her interest in technology
- the development of Innervoice
- Her favorite apps
- And…her pet pig! (check out the Innervoice website for a pic)
WordToob (Note: This app has been updated for ios11. No more crashing!!
I also mentioned a personal cloud system I purchased about 6 months ago. It’s called Lima.
You can find more about Innervoice and Lois here.
Disclosure: I was given a code for a free download of the Innervoice app prior to my interview with Lois. I do not receive any royalties, commissions, or compensation of any kind for sales of the Innervoice app (or for any of the apps we mentioned in today’s episode).
Finally…If you are a fan of this podcast and would like to lend your support, there are 2 ways you can do so right now.
- If you are a speech pathologist in need of CEU’s, consider becoming a member of Medbridge. They currently have 380 quality online courses featuring some very impressive names from our field. A regular membership costs $145 per year. However, you can bump that cost down to $95 if you use this promo code: STEPEN (Note: I do receive an affiliate commission should you sign up).
- Please consider leaving a review of my show on the iTunes store (if you haven’t already).
Thanks for listening!