This episode features Marge Blanc of the Communication Development Center in Madison, Wisconsin. Marge is the author of Natural Language Acquisition on the Autism Spectrum: The Journey from Echolalia to Self-Generated Language.
Here are some show notes & links:
1. Marge cited an article from the New York Times Magazine titled “Reaching My Autistic Son Through Disney” that she identified as coming from The New Yorker. Here is a link to the actual article and video.
2. Marge began taking data in 1993-94 on her clients. She indicates this later in the podcast, but at first mistakenly indicated it was 1997.
3. Ann Peter’s website can be found at: http://www2.hawaii.edu/~ann/
4. Katherine Quill’s website and books can be found at: http://www.autisminstitute.net/index.htm. The book Marge is referring to which has a chapter by Prizant and Rydell is: Teaching Children with Autism: Strategies to Enhance Communication and Socialization
5. You can read more about Marge Blanc and the Communication Development Center at: http://www.communicationdevelopmentcenter.com/
Thanks for listening!